Tuesday, June 21, 2011

FOREVER YOUNG/waltzing Anna

The other day I was surfing through the free movies and came across the title Waltzing Anna. I've passed by this title many times, thinking I wouldn't like it, nothing like pre-judging.  So I decided to take a chance, and if I didn't like it, I could always click it off, like magic.  Now I know those words are in a song.

The movie was made in 2006....I  did recognized some of the older actors and actresses such as Pat Hingle and Betsy Palmer.  Thought okay, maybe it has some good moments... but for the first five minutes I didn't know if I was going to stick around, but then the story started to get interesting.

I don't want to say too much, in case you want to see the film.

It's about two doctors who take advantage of the senior medicare system, and how one doctor got caught and was sent to a nursing home to do time. Then something happened that made him question his priorities... And that's all I'm going to say, well almost. It's a love story as well.

And now why am I talking about this film. Well to begin with, it made me think about getting old, and what would happen to me. It also made me laugh, seeing the bright side of getting older, and It made me cry, because it was sentimental, and knowing that one day I will be one of them. It was a very realistic film.

And I not only watched this film once, but twice and you know what, I'm going to watch it a third time as well.  Therefore, so much for pre-judging, that will teach me.  

And an on going lesson, Never Judge a Book by its Cover..

Growing old is staying FOREVER YOUNG.

No comments:

Post a Comment