Sunday, February 27, 2011

FOREVER YOUNG-Steinbeck and Lowell

 I'm ready to put my pen in motion.  But to get into a better frame of mind, I wanted to read about some famous authors. For ex. John Steinbeck, (2-27-1902-12-20-1968) who received the Nobel Prize for Literature, in 1962.

Like his mother, he had a passion for reading and writing and proved it by  writing his greatest books "Of Mice and Men", "The Grapes of Wrath," and "East of Eden."

And James Russell Lowell , (2-22-1819-8-12-1891A romantic poet, critic, editor and diplomat. who believed the poet played an important role as a prophet and critic of society.

 I know, I'm not in the same category as these two different but great writers, and coincidentally both were born in the month of February, but I do share something in common with them, a passion for the written word. What better gift for a writer to give to the world.  What better way for a writer to know, he or she has made a great impact on someone's life, big or small. And what more can a writer ask for.

I truly admire Mr. Steinbeck and Mr. Lowell, and the great works they left behind.

Therefore my journey begins, and wherever my fate may lie, I will always be a writer.

So Steinbeck and Lowell, you are FOREVER YOUNG

No comments:

Post a Comment