Monday, March 5, 2012

FOREVER YOUNG/me and Van Gogh

Van Gogh, what a very interesting young man. I met him through all the letters he wrote to his brother Theo, and got to know his personal side and emotions, particularly how he felt about the women in his life.

He was a tortured soul, especially when in love for the first time, and his love not returned, This unfortunately happened to me, when I too was very young..... live and learn, right?

When it comes to an artist's life, my obsession, is knowing the person behind the creativity. I try get to the heart of their craft, so I can understand who they really are, and what happened to them, along the way to self-discovery.

This helps me with my own creativity, because I believe,we all have some hidden agenda that still needs to be addressed, and I hope to fulfill mine soon... because when I write, whether it's for myself or for someone else, or submit my work for some competition or to a publishing company,  I'm able to express my thoughts and ideas, and make them come alive,  facing up to my own fears and frustrations, or my own happiness and satisfaction. Knowing that  I've accomplished the one thing in life, that no one can take away from me, and that is an expression of myself, and who I really am.

And I believe, Van Gogh was this person....he expressed his feelings through his art, and gave the greatest gift of all, himself. What better gift to receive from someone so talented, but left this earth all too soon, to see his work become successful.

So for me, Van Gogh, you will always be FOREVER YOUNG.

No comments:

Post a Comment