Thursday, January 5, 2012

FOREVER YOUNG-a couch in a box for Christmas??

Where do I begin... ah, maybe from the beginning.  Okay this is how my New Year is going so far, and frankly I want to turn the clock back and re-start the year again.

Nothing is more frustrating,  when things that shouldn't go wrong.... does....am  I right or am I right!!

Before Christmas I ordered a couch for my mom... Mine you she is 88 years old.  She's been sleeping on this horrific sleeper couch for fifteen years, and don't you think it's about time she got another... oh did I tell you she lives in a senior citizen bldg. and it's an efficiency....

Well to make a long story short, I walked into the furniture store last month and said I wanted to buy a couch for my mom for Christmas... no problem right,,,,wrong. If the salesperson had told me it would be six to eight weeks, then I would have walked out the door .. but this was not the case, she said no problem, right!! Wrong again... Now it's going on six weeks and still no couch.... and still my mom is sleeping on this horrible couch... And I'm still waiting for a phone call to let me know if it's on the truck or not..  does anyone want to bet on this one..lol...   Maybe she'll be 90 before the couch arrives......lol..

Okay, it  really isn't a funny matter. Frankly I'm very upset.  How would you like to give your mom a couch in a box for Christmas..... I had to gift wrap a box with the sample of the couch material and color, inside of it... then  I had to return the sample material to the store. wouldn't you say, that I was an Indian giver... more or less....

So I guess time will tell, but time is getting shorter and shorter on this one, and my patience is wearing thin, but I'm trying to hang in there, and allow the pieces to fall in place... but the irony of the situation, I  can't cancel the order, If I do, then I don't get my money back... but we shall see...??? .but I never heard of this before, did you??..

and  so on that note, I will end this blog.. tune in next time, and I will give you an update... hopefully it will be a good one....

Oh, I just called again, and they're still unloading the trucks, and still no word if my couch is on one of them....and if it is, it still has to find its way to me........ does it ever end....

 Until then I will try to stay FOREVER YOUNG

No comments:

Post a Comment