Tuesday, March 15, 2011

FOREVER YOUNG/the princess and the pea

Spent the night at my cousins. Does anyone remember the story The Princess and the Pea.

Well it's a about a young girl, who had to sleep on a very large mattress. And underneath the mattress there was a very tiny pea, and if the young girl felt it,  she was truly a princess. At least that's how I remember the story.

Which leads me to my little adventure.  I spent the night at my cousins. When it was time for bed, I walked into the room and what did I see, a very large mattress staring at me..

The mattress was so high, that my cousin had to get me a step stool to get into bed. Now I definitely know, I'm not a princess, and I will definitely not find a pea to tell me if I am or not, but I do believe I warrant some type of title, so I'll name myself queen of the step stool, because that's what I needed to use in order to get into the bed.

My cousin and I laughed about my predicament for hours.

Now I'll know what to expect, whenever I visit my cousin's. As they say gone with the old mattress and in with the new.... and the queen will have her step stool nearby to use.

Oh did mention, once I got into bed, I did sleep like a queen.

Now I just have to get my husband, to buy me a new mattress for our bed, and I know for sure,  it will not require a step stool....I had enough ladders in life to climb, I don't need another.

So for me, this adventure will always remain, FOREVER YOUNG

No comments:

Post a Comment