Thursday, March 31, 2011

FOREVER YOUNG/the invisible driver

Alright it's bad enough that my engine light won't go off, and I know why, my car needs a transmission. I've been pressing my luck with this one.  Going on six months, and the transmission guy told me it wouldn't last three months. They just don't know my car, do they....

And good thing for me because I don't want a car payment, don't need one. I've owned my car for almost ten years, and I like it like that... aren't these words to a song.

But yesterday, as I was driving home, after taking my mom to the doctors, what do you think happened, no the transmission didn't die, thank goodness for that. I'm still pressing my luck with that one, and yes I'm realistic, and know sooner or later it will have to be replaced.......  The air bag light suddenly came on.  "PANIC STRUCK ME."

So I pulled over to the side of the road, and called my husband. He reassured me that it was probably electrical. And then I remembered, this happened one time before. So, I'll make an appointment with my mechanic, because I've grown attached to my car, and I'm not ready to give her up, not yet.... To the end we shall go....

But to be honest, just seeing that light blinking back at me, as if to say, watch out, I'm a coming.. made me pushed my seat further back from the steering wheel, which was a little awkward for me, since I'm only five feet one, and reaching the gas pedal was a little difficult...

I was only two minutes away from home, and knew I could endure this position for that length of time any longer, I don't know what I would have done..

My new story. "The Invisible Driver," who finally makes her way home, because that's what it felt like.

Yes my car troubles, a never-ending story, but I'm sure there are many, who can relate to that.....
.
But for me, I just want my car to stay FOREVER YOUNG

No comments:

Post a Comment