Sunday, March 27, 2011

FOREVER YOUNG/our trip to Canada

I've been to Canada once... My children of course were much, much younger, when my husband and I decided to take them on a vacation there.

We saw Niagara Falls, what a beautiful picture that made.  Then it was off to Toronto.  We didn't like to stay where tourists usually do, my husband and I liked to mingle with the local people, and found a nice place farther away from the center of town...

One of the locals mentioned the Toronto Fair. And we all went.... It was fantastic. The best time we ever had.  It was an unexpected surprise. The kids enjoyed all the rides, and because I loved Elvis, there was also a Legend In Concert, Elvis being one of them, where entertainers impersonated famous stars, and singers.

Imagine this was not  planned, and sometimes it's better not to.. you just might have more fun...

The next morning we said our goodbyes, and  headed towards Montreal. We walked the grounds where the Olympics were held. I pretended to talk in French, which of course didn't speak, or understand. This made my husband and the kids laugh, and acted like they didn't know me. But I was having the time of my life.

Once we left Montreal, it was off to Old Quebec. What a beautiful quaint place to visit. We didn't stay long, because our trip was nearing the end.
 
Canada was a great education for all of us. And I would visit there again. It didn't matter if I didn't understand the signs or the language, because we knew exactly where to go, and we never got lost,  once.

So for me Canada will always be FOREVER YOUNG

No comments:

Post a Comment