Thursday, March 10, 2011

FOREVER YOUNG/it only happens in March

Almost the end of the week, and another weekend ahead. Don't have much planned except to dig out my Spring and summer clothes, hoping the cold weather is gone at last. I really don't want to be confused any longer.

My body resents when it's hot outside, and I'm dressed in winter attire, and it resents when it's cold outside and I'm dressed in spring attire.... The weather is so fickle.

You don't know from one day to the next what to wear. This only happens when March approaches, a month that teases us into believing Spring is finally here...   What's a person to do.  And they say we can't make up our minds.

It's  already been a long long winter, and I don't want to see it return for a long long time....

It's not that I don't like winter, I enjoy watching the snow fall especially at Christmas time, and seeing the beauty of the trees dressed in snowflakes and icicles....A beautiful picture this makes, but some winters just seem longer then others, and some are more harsher then others... and this winter falls into the worse category.

I say this because I lived in the Poconos for most of my young life, raised my family there, and saw enough snow and ice to last a lifetime..

So I'm really looking forward to the warmth, and seeing the trees and flowers in full bloom, and the smiles on everyone's face, because everyone can finally come out of hiding, and enjoy the beautiful weather.

And for those who like the winter, well you won't have to wait too long,  September rolls around all too quickly, and once again you'll feel  the cold and can play in the snow.

But for now, let Spring fill the air, followed by summer and the warmth of the sun.

FOREVER YOUNG
.

No comments:

Post a Comment