Friday, March 18, 2011

FOREVER YOUNG/car trouble

Don't you just hate it when you wake up and your car or truck has a flat tire. You have to wipe your eyes twice to see if it's a dream or not, and unfortunately it's real.

And that's how our day started  My husband's truck had a flat tire.

Cars and trucks.   I can't begin to tell you the problems I've had over the years.

This brings back so many memories of all my car trouble woes. But I'm not writing about them all now, maybe in spurts, don't want to re-live these experiences all at once. Even though some were funny, but others were just downright miserable and embarrassing.

But here's one example. It was on Easter Sunday, and my children were little then.  We usually took the kids to Connecticut for the day.

After we surprised the kids with their Easter baskets and a gifts, we started to get ready for our trip. Once we were all seated in the car, my husband turns on the key, and what do you think happened, the car wouldn't start. It was dead as a door nail.

Disappointed that our trip was cancelled, we made the best of the day. Of course I didn't take anything out of the freezer to eat, so I think I made macaroni and cheese that night for dinner. The kids didn't mine, but I did. I was so looking forward to not cooking on this one day.

You know how us mother's just hope for one day of reprieve from the kitchen.  Well  this was the one day, I told my husband I didn't want to cook. That I deserved a break and so Easter has become a tradition for me, I don't cook.  We go out to eat......

And that's only the beginning.. So for me my car troubles will always be. FOREVER YOUNG.

No comments:

Post a Comment