Friday, February 18, 2011

FOREVER YOUNG/ mirror, mirror

"Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who is the fairness of them all" Woke up this morning, looked in the mirror, and what did I see. Not the young woman I used to be.

And men, if you're reading this, I'm sure you can relate to this as well.

Youth, oh the sweet smell of youth, and we've all been there at one time or another, so why do I feel getting old is a crime. Why do I feel age has become a barrier, preventing me from achieving my goals and dreams

Why do I feel the need to look young, and maintain the commercial aspect of my face and body, rather then let a few lines show, and gain a few pounds, just to let others know that I've lived life. I've been through a lot, and I survived.

I wouldn't mind getting old, if society didn't place such value on looking young.  With all the products out there to maintain that youthful look, there's nothing that says, oh by the way, I have a product that will wash away the numbers as well.

Stop and think about this, if everyone was young, who would they learn from, how would they develop wisdom and knowledge? And if they have a problem, who would they turn to for help?

Aging  should be a natural and wonderful process, not a stigma placed upon me or anyone else.

Just because I don't look the same, as I did when I was twenty-five, okay thirty-five, oh well, you get the picture.. doesn't mean I can't do anything. My mind is still active, and I can relate to today's technology, okay, maybe not all, but one can always learn. right!   Everyday I learn something new, but I also have learned a lot, because I am older,

And don't get me wrong, I have nothing against looking good, or maintaining one's body especially by eating right and exercising, I just believe you should be proud of your age.  After all I worked hard for my number, (60)... and hopefully I will continue to do so, for many years to come.

So my advice to society, don't look at age as a minus, instead embrace aging as a plus, because many of us still have a lot to offer. You just might be surprise.

because aging is not getting older, it's FOREVER YOUNG

No comments:

Post a Comment