Saturday, February 26, 2011

FOREVER YOUNG/change

Change, who likes changes. Especially when I'm set in my ways.  I'm comfortable just the way things are, thank you,  because it's familiar territory, and with change, it's a whole new ball game.

This is how I rationalize about not changing my daily routine of living.

It's like a wearing a comfortable pair of shoes, but the moment I buy a new pair, I have to break them in, until they fit properly, and if I develop blisters from them, I just throw them in the back of my closet, forgetting they even exist. Until one day while cleaning out my closet, I find those very same shoes staring back at me, accusing me of abandonment because I was too impatient, to wait for my feet to adjust.

Then the other day, while leaving the doctors office, on a whim, I took another direction  home.
It was an unfamiliar street, but I also knew, if I turned up another street,  it would lead me back to familiar territory, therefore, nothing to get overly anxious about.

It was a simple change, but it made me feel good about trying something different, and I  liked that feeling.

So I made a pact with myself.  I will change my daily routine of living, by taking baby steps, without losing site of the familiar ones, and see where it will lead me.

Change for me will be FOREVER YOUNG

No comments:

Post a Comment